Position Summary / Purpose:
Execute the timely, accurate, and profitable estimation of property losses. Help close and retaincustomers by promptly responding to requests for estimates on property damage, effectivelycommunicating the organization’s capabilities while maintaining the highest levels of customer care.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate estimates and communicate with subcontractors
- Create accurate and profitable job estimates
- Prepare written proposals
- Develop list of materials and equipment needed for projects
- Obtain pricing for materials
- Obtain bids from subcontractors
- Completed estimates will be forwarded to the customer within (48) forty-eight hours of theproperty inspection
- Communicate with customers
- Build Project Manager rebuild book when approved & review budgets
- Attend customer-related functions. Network with customers to help generate new business
- Build and maintain relationships with claims adjusters and contractors
- Contract job with customer & get down payment.
- Collect payments and COC when needed.
- Work with PM when Change Orders and Supplements are needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, andgovernment requirements
- Work with PM to meet project deadlines
- All expenditures for job-related materials will be accounted for in the project file
- Attend departmental and company meetings as required
- Inform immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items orcompute database
Decision Rights and Authority:
- Determine project scope and estimated cost for restoration jobs
- Close jobs by obtaining customer agreement to the defined project scope and cost
Working Relationships and Scope:
- All adjustments, modifications, and corrections will be evidenced in writing and maintained ingood order. They will be presented to the manager for review
- All estimates are reviewed prior to sending off to customer/insurance
- Only company-approved vendors and subcontractors will be used
- Customer Service - The individual responds promptly to customer’s needs, effectively explainsprocesses and equipment that will be used, solicits customer feedback to improve service,gains customer approval through signed Work Authorization, and maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication – The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negativesituations.
- Written Communication – The individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to readand interpret written information.
- Planning and Organizing – The individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses timeefficiently.
- Quality – The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors his / her ownwork to ensure quality
- Adaptability – The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competingdemands, and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, respondsto management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security – The individual observes safety and security procedures, and usesequipment and materials properly
- Technology – The individual uses typical communication devices to effectively speedcommunication and appropriately utilizes company-approved estimating, customer contactmanagement, standard word processing, and spreadsheet software tools to enhance efficiencyand accuracy of work performed.
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education and Experience
High school diploma (or GED). Xactimate proficient. At least 2 (two) years of working asestimator utilizing Xactimate.-Will be required to provide estimates with references
- Language Skills
Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simplecorrespondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations tocustomers, clients, and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, and draw andinterpret property sketches and graphs.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out detailed written or oralinstructions. Deal with problems involving multiple concrete variables in standardized situations
- Computer Skills
Intermediate capability in using word processing software, spreadsheet software, emailsystems, and the internet.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
None required for this position.
Department Profit Share Paid Quarterly
Simple IRA Match 3%
$250 Monthly Health Care Premium
DentalVision/Accidental/Disability Insurance Available