Water, Flood, Storm, Sewage and Mold Damage Restoration in Garden City, Idaho
One of the more common challenges Garden City homeowners encounter over the life of their home is water damage. Even small-scale water problems can be a cause for concern, as water damage can impact the overall health, livability, and value of a Garden City home. In the case of water damage, it is important to contact property restoration specialists experienced and certified in the removal and treatment of water afflicted areas.
Our specialists at Complete Restoration Services can help guide a Garden City homeowner through all stages of the restoration process. We can ensure the safety of your family, save you from additional frustrations wrought by unaddressed water issues, and handle coordination with your insurance company.
Common Causes for Water Damage in Garden City Homes
- Basement floods
- Faulty appliance waterlines
- Leaky pipes
- Sewer main backup
- Water damage after a fire has been extinguished
- Clogged drains
- Rusted and corroded pipes
- Extreme weather events such as flash floods, earthquakes and melting snow
- Frozen pipes that burst
- Accidently leaving water running
- Ground water intrusion
Areas of the Home Commonly Affected by Water Damage
Leaks may occur in various areas of your Garden City home, but commonly they affect your roof, attic and basement. Since appliances such as a dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator and hot water heaters can commonly break and flood into surrounding areas – the laundry room and kitchen are also commonly affected. Additionally, any area of your Garden City home that has plumbing presents an opportunity for leaks meaning bathrooms are equally susceptible.
You Should Address Damage to a Home Immediately
Sustained leaks can cause serious and systemic damage to a Garden City home. As a result, it is important to address water-related concerns quickly. Some key problems associated with water damage include:
- Weakened or damaged house infrastructure
- Increased opportunities for mold and mildew growth
- Increased possibility of electrical issues or electrical shock
- Health concerns related to standing water exposure, including breathing problems
- Decreased functionality in the home
- Damage to appliances, furniture and other household items
- Sanitary issues related to raw sewage
Left untreated, smaller water problems can grow considerably and lead to bigger financial concerns in the long run. Sometimes, Garden City homeowners delay addressing water damage because concerns are limited to an area of the house that is not often used. Unfortunately, water problems affecting one area of the house often spread to others. Mold growth can affect your duct work, causing foul odors to spread throughout a home. Water can leach into walls and other infrastructure, causing deterioration and staining. Leaks in upper areas of houses are particularly worrisome, as water tends to travel through walls and flooring, damaging insulation, sheetrock, paint and setting the stage for mold development.
Health Problems Associated with Water Damage
One of the more concerning issues related to water damage is exposure to potentially hazardous health conditions. This can cause significant and lasting effects, especially for groups that are most susceptible to exposure like children and the elderly.
In Garden City, water damage from leaks, flooding, or storms can cause mold to grow in crawl spaces, near furnaces and air conditioning systems and contaminate the air supply of your home. Mold can cause respiratory ailments and exacerbate sickness.
Bacteria and other microorganisms affecting your health thrive in areas of standing water and contact with standing water can induce more serious illnesses.
More directly, flooding can jeopardize the safety of your home, presenting electrical hazards where in contact with wires as well as appliances and other electrical devices
Immediate Steps to Take in Response to Water Damage to Your Home
There are steps that you should take to help ensure the safety of your family and your Garden City home if you experience water damage from a leak, flood, storm, sewage backup, or other disaster:
- Shut off power and water in or near affected areas.
- Contact emergency services if injury has occurred.
- Research insurance policies related to water damage to determine coverage options. Since time can be of the essence it’s advisable to always understand your policy in advance if possible.
- Contact Complete Restoration Services, a certified restoration specialist and professional repair company in Garden City, for assistance in draining and cleaning water affected areas of your Garden City home in a safe and expedient fashion.
Why Choose Complete Restoration Services in Garden City for Mold and Water Damage Restoration?
- We specialize in repairing water damage resulting from basement and crawl space floods, sewage backup, burst pipes, fire damage, snow/ice and natural disasters.
- We offer 24/7 customer support and specialize in water extraction, evaporation, and dehumidification, as well as decontamination and mold remediation services. For immediate service we offer a 24/7 emergency hotline at (208) 794-9073.
- Our restoration specialists have the tools and experience required to see your project through from beginning to end.
- We are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, and hold additional certifications relating to lead removal and decontamination.
- We take every insurance and we work directly with the insurance companies to alleviate you from any difficulties of navigating complex insurance claims on your own.
- We provide updates over the duration of your project, so you are well informed as to the progress of the restoration.
- We are located in the Garden City area, are family operated and we are locally owned. When doing business with CRS you will be working with the owners of our company to ensure you’re satisfied with all aspects of the restoration process from clean up to rebuild.
- In the past ten years we’ve become the #1 recommended restoration company by insurance agents & past clients in Garden City.
Water Damage in Garden City
There is no question that water damage in Garden City, Idaho can easily occur. When it comes to this community, it is important to understand that the city is entirely surrounded by Boise, Idaho. However, it also is important to note that Garden City remains its own jurisdiction even though it has many of the same topography as Boise. Garden City is a part of Ada County and like Boise, it overlooks the nearby foothills. Of course, naturists love this area for the streams, wildlife and adventures they can have. These luxurious natural water amenities, do not always come without a price.
Simply put, because the Garden City area is almost entirely surrounded by Boise, it also has some of the same characteristics as this nearby city. The harsh winters can put a huge strain on the water supply of the area and can cause flooding. The nearby Snake River and the Boise River have dams that provide for water storage for this area. However, when the winter in Garden City is especially active, it can mean that flooding can occur.
There can be a lot of potential pitfalls. For instance, if the nearby dams are not managed correctly, it can cause the Garden City suburb to get too much water run-off, which can negatively affect your home with water damage, mold and even a sewage breech. Even in cases where the water is held in check a cold snap can cause burst pipes and flooding in your Garden City home. The good news however is that our company specializes in water, flood, storm, sewage and mold damage restoration for your home. Simply put, we are the experts for Garden City, Idaho and we can help you rebound from water damage.
CRS Related Services and 24/7 Emergency Hotline
In the case that your concerns extend beyond water damage, Complete Restoration Services also offers services to treat fire, smoke, content, wind and storm damage. Whatever the issues affecting your Garden City home, you are well covered with Complete Restoration Services.
If you are currently experiencing an issue with water damage in your home, consider calling our certified Garden City specialists at Complete Restoration Services. We offer immediate dispatch 24/7 at (208) 794-9073. Contact emergency services if injury has occurred.