Smoke Damage Restoration in Boise, Idaho
It's not a surprise that droves of people are headed to Boise, Idaho, known as the “City of Trees,” for its sights, lifestyle and culture. If you have settled down in Boise, you are likely aware that Boise and its surrounding cities can sometimes experience fire and smoke damage from human error or wildfires. If you experience smoke damage in Boise, Idaho, know that once the fire is extinguished the professionals of Complete Restoration Services are available 24/7 to assist with your next steps. We can help manage the process to assure the best possible outcome for your Boise home after smoke damage.
Smoke Damage Issues Addressed by Complete Restoration Services
Smoke damage can create a variety of health and safety issues for you and your family. It’s important to have smoke removed professionally to prevent your exposure both during and after cleanup. Complete Restoration Services can restore your Boise home from the following smoke damage related issues to assure you are living in a healthy and safe environment again:
- Illness Caused by Soot
- Soot created from a fire is tiny but dangerous. At only 2.5 microns, you can breathe it in without even knowing. The more soot you breathe, the more dangerous it can be. If your home was built in Boise between the 1950’s and 1980’s it may also include deadly asbestos fibers.
- Symptoms can start with only a runny nose or a small cough, but can develop into a more problematic cough, respiratory problems, and a weaker immune system. In some cases, it can lead to cancer and death. Rather than trying to clean soot yourself, hire an experienced Boise restoration professional to thoroughly clean and remove soot.
- Illness Caused by Toxic Gas
- Toxic chemicals created after a fire often include carbon monoxide, ammonia, hydrogen chloride, bromomethane, halocarbons, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide. These toxins can prompt headache, dizziness, nausea, confusion, and death. If you or your family have been exposed to these chemicals after a fire in your Boise home, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible for treatment to help reduce damage.
- Do not try to clean these chemicals by yourself. A restoration company knows to how to safely and completely remove these risks from your Boise home.
- You spent a long time decorating your Boise house with your favorite wallpaper, carpet, and furniture. Smoke can cause a horrible, sometimes permanent discoloration to walls, floors, and ceilings. The longer the smoke remains in your Boise home, the more serious the damage will be. It’s important to call a professional who can help clean this damage immediately for any hope of keeping your Boise home its original color.
- Sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses. It can easily trigger specific memories. If your Boise home smells like smoke, not only will it be unpleasant for you and your family to smell, but it may also bring up painful emotions.
- It's especially important to clean or replace your HVAC system so that any soot that got into it won't be released back into your Boise home to permeate walls and fabrics. Complete Restoration Services is skilled in removing smoky odors.
- Electrical Damage
- Smoke and fire can damage the wiring in your home. The damage can cause corrosion or present possibility of additional fires. Some wires, switches, fuses, or boxes can even be completely ruined. We can help rebuild any structural damage to your Boise home to help secure these issues.
Restoring Your Home After Smoke Damage
When you experience a fire in your home, you need to act immediately after the Boise Fire Department puts out the fire by calling a professional restoration company. The sooner you take action, the more opportunities there are of salvaging your items and affected areas of your Boise home. Complete Restoration Services offers a 24/7 immediate dispatch in Boise when you call (208) 794-9073
Smoke Restoration Process Provided by Complete Restoration Services
- 1. Safety Wear
- First, we attire ourselves in protective equipment to ensure our safety within the environment. This may include a hard hat, breathing mask, long pants and long sleeves, goggles and gloves.
- 2. Damage Assessment
- Next, we assess the damage and decide what may be salvaged and what may be a loss.
- 3. Fans and Vacuums
- We open windows to air out the home and use industrial-sized fans in the affected areas of your home to help dissipate the smoky aroma as well as dry out areas sprayed by a fire hose.
- Additionally, Complete Restoration Services utilizes multiple passes over items with a very powerful industrial vacuum to help suck up the lingering smoke odor.
- 4. Cleaners
- We employ special chemicals to wipe down all surfaces. We are educated with the knowledge that different surfaces require different cleaners and come prepared to use them accordingly.
- 5. Rebuild
- We will help assure your home is rebuilt
About Boise, Idaho
Boise, Idaho is the capital city of Idaho. It is a beautiful city with a lot to see and do. Downtown Boise offers many seasonal festivities, award-winning restaurants, and an extensive display of public art. The city of Boise is considered safe and relatively inexpensive when compared to others. Perhaps most enjoyed by those who live in Boise are its many opportunities for recreation which include hiking, biking and playing in the river. You can even find plenty of ski hills and mountains in the Boise area with stunning views.
The weather in Boise is relatively mild. All four seasons are experienced. Unfortunately, the hot dry summers create the perfect fuel for fires caused by lightning and humans. Since the city rests in a valley, the smoke from wildfires in surrounding states often settles in for the summer. Those with Asthma and chronic respiratory issues struggle the most, but the poor air quality caused by smoke affects all residents.
The Boise Fire Department has around 300 employees with 17 fire stations serving the residents of Boise, Idaho. After they’ve responded to your emergency and extinguished the fire, call Complete Restoration Services to respond to your Boise smoke damage needs.
Why Choose Complete Restoration Services for Smoke Damage Restoration?
- We offer a 24-hour response team and have the experience and the tools to help you through this tragic time.
- The best way to get things done properly is to hire people who have the experience and know-how to handle even the toughest jobs.
- Soot and carbon monoxide can be very dangerous, Complete Restoration Service will handle them so you don’t have to.
- We can potentially save items that you initially thought were ruined.
- We have the necessary tools to complete smoke restoration efficiently, so you can return to your home quicker and be satisfied that it is safe again.
- We work directly with the insurance company to handle your claim.