Water, Flood, Storm, Sewage and Mold Damage Restoration in Donnelly, Idaho
One of the more common challenges Donnelly homeowners encounter over the life of their home is water damage. Even small-scale water problems can be a cause for concern, as water damage can impact the overall health, livability, and value of a Donnelly home. In the case of water damage, it is important to contact property restoration specialists experienced and certified in the removal and treatment of water afflicted areas.
Our specialists at Complete Restoration Services can help guide a Donnelly homeowner through all stages of the restoration process. We can ensure the safety of your family, save you from additional frustrations wrought by unaddressed water issues, and handle coordination with your insurance company.
Common Causes for Water Damage in Donnelly Homes
- Basement floods
- Faulty appliance waterlines
- Leaky pipes
- Sewer main backup
- Water damage after a fire has been extinguished
- Clogged drains
- Rusted and corroded pipes
- Extreme weather events such as flash floods, earthquakes and melting snow
- Frozen pipes that burst
- Accidently leaving water running
- Ground water intrusion
Areas of the Home Commonly Affected by Water Damage
Leaks may occur in various areas of your Donnelly home, but commonly they affect your roof, attic and basement. Since appliances such as a dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator and hot water heaters can commonly break and flood into surrounding areas – the laundry room and kitchen are also commonly affected. Additionally, any area of your Donnelly home that has plumbing presents an opportunity for leaks meaning bathrooms are equally susceptible.
You Should Address Damage to a Home Immediately
Sustained leaks can cause serious and systemic damage to a Donnelly home. As a result, it is important to address water-related concerns quickly. Some key problems associated with water damage include:
- Weakened or damaged house infrastructure
- Increased opportunities for mold and mildew growth
- Increased possibility of electrical issues or electrical shock
- Health concerns related to standing water exposure, including breathing problems
- Decreased functionality in the home
- Damage to appliances, furniture and other household items
- Sanitary issues related to raw sewage
Left untreated, smaller water problems can grow considerably and lead to bigger financial concerns in the long run. Sometimes, Donnelly homeowners delay addressing water damage because concerns are limited to an area of the house that is not often used. Unfortunately, water problems affecting one area of the house often spread to others. Mold growth can affect your duct work, causing foul odors to spread throughout a home. Water can leach into walls and other infrastructure, causing deterioration and staining. Leaks in upper areas of houses are particularly worrisome, as water tends to travel through walls and flooring, damaging insulation, sheetrock, paint and setting the stage for mold development.
Health Problems Associated with Water Damage
One of the more concerning issues related to water damage is exposure to potentially hazardous health conditions. This can cause significant and lasting effects, especially for groups that are most susceptible to exposure like children and the elderly.
In Donnelly, water damage from leaks, flooding, or storms can cause mold to grow in crawl spaces, near furnaces and air conditioning systems and contaminate the air supply of your home. Mold can cause respiratory ailments and exacerbate sickness.
Bacteria and other microorganisms affecting your health thrive in areas of standing water and contact with standing water can induce more serious illnesses.
More directly, flooding can jeopardize the safety of your home, presenting electrical hazards where in contact with wires as well as appliances and other electrical devices
Immediate Steps to Take in Response to Water Damage to Your Home
There are steps that you should take to help ensure the safety of your family and your Donnelly home if you experience water damage from a leak, flood, storm, sewage backup, or other disaster:
- Shut off power and water in or near affected areas.
- Contact emergency services if injury has occurred.
- Research insurance policies related to water damage to determine coverage options. Since time can be of the essence it’s advisable to always understand your policy in advance if possible.
- Contact Complete Restoration Services, a certified restoration specialist and professional repair company in Donnelly, for assistance in draining and cleaning water affected areas of your Donnelly home in a safe and expedient fashion.
Why Choose Complete Restoration Services in Donnelly for Mold and Water Damage Restoration?
- We specialize in repairing water damage resulting from basement and crawl space floods, sewage backup, burst pipes, fire damage, snow/ice and natural disasters.
- We offer 24/7 customer support and specialize in water extraction, evaporation, and dehumidification, as well as decontamination and mold remediation services. For immediate service we offer a 24/7 emergency hotline at (208) 794-9073.
- Our restoration specialists have the tools and experience required to see your project through from beginning to end.
- We are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, and hold additional certifications relating to lead removal and decontamination.
- We take every insurance and we work directly with the insurance companies to alleviate you from any difficulties of navigating complex insurance claims on your own.
- We provide updates over the duration of your project, so you are well informed as to the progress of the restoration.
- We are located in the Donnelly area, are family operated and we are locally owned. When doing business with CRS you will be working with the owners of our company to ensure you’re satisfied with all aspects of the restoration process from clean up to rebuild.
- In the past ten years we’ve become the #1 recommended restoration company by insurance agents & past clients in Donnelly.
Water Damage in Donnelly
Donnelly, Idaho is a small town in a rural area Valley County. The town of Donnelly is positioned on the northeast shore of Lake Cascade. Nestled inbetween Cascase and McCall, Donnelly is the gateway community for Tamarack Resort. With Lake Cascade and the Payette River near by, Donnelly is a beautiful section of Idaho that provides stunning views and excellent opportunities for winter sports and water recreational activities.
Donnelly's cold winter months can sometimes put strain on water systems. Ice, snow and wind are three key culprits of concern in Donnelly, as excessive snow and shifts in temperature can cause drainage issues as well as burst pipes. In 2017, an especially wet winter combined with mismanagement of water in the dams meant that areas all over the state of Idaho experienced massive flooding. This created specific challenges for many Donnelly homeowners with a lot of areas of the state still reeling from the estimated millions of dollars of damage.
Water damage preparedness for your Donnelly home can help to alleviate potential problems encountered in the household and offset property damage should this situation happen in Donnelly again. Complete Restoration Services is very familiar with water, flood, storm, sewage and mold concerns in the city of Donnelly and we are poised to help each time the need arises.
CRS Related Services and 24/7 Emergency Hotline
In the case that your concerns extend beyond water damage, Complete Restoration Services also offers services to treat fire, smoke, content, wind and storm damage. Whatever the issues affecting your Donnelly home, you are well covered with Complete Restoration Services.
If you are currently experiencing an issue with water damage in your home, consider calling our certified Donnelly specialists at Complete Restoration Services. We offer immediate dispatch 24/7 at (208) 794-9073. Contact emergency services if injury has occurred.